Ever wish you could eat dessert for breakfast?
Well, dream no more. I’ve got a recipe for you today that’ll have you jumping out of bed in the morning.
As a fun twist on the classic yogurt parfait, in today’s episode of balanced bowls I will show you how to prepare a breakfast cheesecake bowl…sans cheese. That’s right. Instead, we will be using creamy cashews and luscious greek yogurt for an extra protein punch. I guarantee your tastebuds will not be deceived. And if you tried the popular raw lemon cheesecake recipe then you know it’s the truth!
To happy mornings everywhere!
Breakfast Cheesecake Bowl
Makes 3-4 servings
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 8 hours or overnight
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 vanilla bean, scraped (or 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract)
- 1 1/4 cups greek yogurt, 2% m.f.
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
1. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade place the dates, almonds, dates and cinnamon and pulse until the mixture resembles a crumb. Set aside.
2. In a power blender, place the cashews, lemon juice, lemon zest, maple syrup, vanilla seeds, greek yogurt and blend until smooth, about 2-3 minutes stopping every now and then to scrape down the sides of the blender.
3. To build your cheesecake breakfast bowls, layer strawberries and cashew filling in a bowl and top with the date and nut crumb.