When recipes show up on the blog, they are usually inspired by holidays, seasons or ingredients. In the least, there is planning, so as not to wind up with three salad recipes in a row on the blog. But I can’t say any of this reasoning applied to the recipe I’m sharing with you today.
These chocolate and peanut butter clusters were purely the result of a craving. More specifically, a hankering for something sweet, chocolatey and salty, all at the same time. Not having any options that fit the bill at the time when the craving hit, I headed into the kitchen, pulled some ingredients from the pantry and got to work. The result? Chewy clusters that hit every note. Satisfaction achieved.
Chewy oats, rich cocoa, sticky peanut butter and a savoury sea salt finish makes these clusters the perfect bite-sized treat. Have them with a hot cup of coffee or as a pre-workout pick-me-up.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER OAT CLUSTERS
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons raw cacao
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips, melted
- Sea salt
- Place the oats in a medium sized bowl. Prepare a plate lined with parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil. Remove from the heat and whisk-in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Pour the mixture over the oats and stir to combine.
- Using wet hands, form very tightly into 6-8 balls and gently press them down on the lined plate. Wet your hands often to avoid sticking and press the mixture tightly to form the clusters.
- Drizzle with the melted chocolate, sprinkle with sea salt and refrigerate 30 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for 1 week.
- You may also melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut in the microwave on high for 45 seconds.