I’m glad to be back and fully recharged from a wonderful time in Mexico. Beautiful weather, good eats and many, many tacos. I assure you, a Mexican inspired post will follow soon.
Today’s recipe post is inspired by one my current favourite summer appetizers. These bite-sized cucumber cups are simple to make, fresh tasting and perfect for a party (or in my case, yesterday’s snack). Here’s the how-to:
Greek style cucumber cups
- 2 garden cucumbers, washed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in 4
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons good quality Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
2. In a medium bowl, add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
* I can’t stress this enough: when using olive oil in a raw preparation, it’s important to use the best quality you can get your hands on. It makes a world of a difference.
3. Fill cucumber cups, top with fresh oregano and serve!
What’s your go-to summer appetizer?