Summer is finally here, can you believe it? Al fresco dinners, poolside weekends, evening drinks on a bustling Montreal terrace and early morning cups of tea on the balcony. I love it all, especially the early mornings.
I naturally wake with the sun, which gets me up before 6 am most summer days which I embrace because the early start to my day allows me to soak in every ounce this season has to offer. As a result, I turn t meals that are fresh, cool and require no cooking so that it can be enjoyed outdoors as part of my morning routine (more on this in an upcoming post).
Matcha Chia Pudding Parfait
Enter today’s recipe for my matcha chia pudding parfait. Chia is a high-fiber seed that soaks up to ten times its weight in liquid, resulting in a delicious, nutrient-dense pudding that can be conveniently be prepared in advance, as I show you in this video. If you’ve tried my classic chia pudding recipe, then you’re going to love today’s version, featuring another all-star ingredient; matcha.The addition of the green tea powder adds a beautiful colour and flavour to the pudding, not to mention matcha also packs a hefty dose of free-radical fighting nutrients, as I discuss here.
Once the chia pudding has set overnight, you simply need to build your parfait by layering your favourite toppings. I like to add yogurt, fresh summer berries and a sprinkle of my crunchy oatmeal raisin granola…summer in a bowl!
- 1 3/4 cups coconut milk, warm
- 1 1/2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white chia seeds
- Fresh fruit
- In a large bowl, whisk together the matcha powder into the warm coconut milk. Once incorporated, add the honey and vanilla extract. Finally, add the chia seeds and whisk to combine. Let the mixture sit 10 minutes at room temperature. Stir again, loosening the bottom of the bowl that may have begun to set.
- Cover the bowl the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the fridge 8 hours or overnight. You may also divide the mixture evenly into jelly jars at this point for an easy grab and go option.
- Once the pudding has set, top with yogurt, your favourite fruit, a sprinkle of granola and enjoy.
Show me your creations
Remember to tag #MotiveNutrition on Instagram whenever your prepare an MN recipe. I love to see your foodie creations. Happy cooking!