I’m a self-professed lover of kale. But the truth is, kale has only become a staple in my diet in the past few years. Long before kale, was chard. And I’m happy to say that we’re still going strong.
Today’s recipe is as simple as it gets. And if you’re a fan of the kale chip, then you will undoubtedly enjoy these spicy swiss chard chips. Crunchy, salty, spicy and satisfying. Hope you enjoy.
Spicy Swiss Chard Chips
1 bunch Swiss chard, washed and patted dry
1-2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Cracked black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Remove the chard stems and keep for another use. With a knife, remove the rib from each leaf, chopping each leaf into 3 inch pieces.
3. Place chard in a bowl, drizzle with just enough olive oil to coat the leaves and massage well, ensuring each leaf is coated and slightly glossy.
4. Spread the chard evenly over a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle with kosher salt, red pepper flakes and freshly cracked black pepper.
5. Bake for 15 minutes. Then turn the baking sheet 180 degrees and bake for another 5-10 minutes, until the chips are perfectly crisp.
6. Let cool and enjoy.