The Step Before The Prep
It’s no secret that I’m a big believer in meal prep. But today, I wanted to shed some light on a key routine that comes before the prep…the plan. Taking some time at the beginning of the week to map-out your menu not only scores you big points in the wellness department but also saves time and energy at the grocery store and in the kitchen.
Why is Menu Planning Important?
- Planning allows you to be intentional about the healthy meals you want to fuel yourself with for the week
- It saves time at the grocery store by giving you a clear game plan
- It shaves time off your meal prep
- It avoids the heavy loaded question “what’s for dinner?” freeing-up your precious mind space for other things
- It saves money since you will only buy what you need and will avoid last minute restaurant or take-out runs
If you’re reading this and thinking “I know I should be planning, but I still don’t do it” then my bet is that you find the process to be overwhelming. If this is the case, let me tell you that you’re not alone.
Many people find the process of menu planning to be stressful and time-consuming, which results in them opting out and “winging it” for their weekly meals, which for the record, rarely works in favour of wellness goals. That’s why I want you to know that menu planning doesn’t have to be time-consuming, stressful or hard and in today’s video blog, I’m going to let you in on the three simple tips I use to simplify my menu planning routine.