How it works
• Mix and Match Prep: The format chosen for this meal prep challenge is a mix and match style prep. This means preparing starches, proteins and veggies separately, for versatile, mix and matching during the week.
• Get organized: You can download your meal prep planner here
• Get familiar: Below is your meal prep list for the week. Prep 1 or more of the suggested foods in each category: 1 x starch, 1 x protein, 1 x veggie and 1 x snack.
• Be flexible: Feel free to make more or less depending on your needs for the week. Remember: there is no right or wrong way to prep! You need to find what works for you.
•Post your prep pictures! This is how we keep you accountable! Always post your prep picture using #MotiveMealPrep #MealPrepChallenge and tag me @motivenutrition on Instagram, on Twitter or Facebook!
Week 7 video
- Apple bircher (recipe below)
- Quinoa (to use during the week to prepare this Shrimp & Quinoa puttanesca bowl)
- Turkey taco filling (to prepare this week’s feature recipe: veggie-loaded turkey tacos)
- Baked chicken (to use over salads during the week)
- Chopped carrots
- Roasted cauliflower
- Energy log
- Hard-boiled eggs
Week 7 Recipes
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large red apple, grated with the peel
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% m.f)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or, if you prefer a more portable breakfast option, divide the bircher among individual jars and allow to rest overnight.
- The following morning, top with grated apple or fresh blueberries if desired and enjoy chilled.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
- 1. Place the quinoa in a sieve and rinse under running water.
- 2. In a medium sauce pan, place the quinoa and the 2 cups broth.
- 3. Bring to a boil over medium heat.4. Once it starts to boil, reduce to a simmer, cover with a lid and let cook for 12 minutes.
- 5. Once cooked and all the liquid has been absorbed, remove from the heat and let sit a few minutes. Fluff with a fork and enjoy immediately or store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for future use in salads or stir-fries.
- 1.Place one or more eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil.
- 2.As soon as it boils, remove from the stove, cover with a lid and let stand for 12 minutes.
- 3.Immediately rinse under cold running water. Peel and enjoy right away or store in a container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (approximately 4 sprigs)
- Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1.Preheat the oven to 425°F placing the rack in the middle of the oven.
- 2.Using a chef’s knife, remove the large stem from the cauliflower. Then with a smaller paring knife, carefully remove
the outer green leaves.
- 3.Cut the cauliflower in half, being careful to slice through the stem so wedges remain intact. Continue to cut into
- 4.Place the cauliflower wedges on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, add the oil and toss with your hands-
there should be just enough to coat all the wedges. Add the garlic cloves, thyme and toss again. Lay the wedges flat
on the baking sheet with enough space between each piece. Sprinkle with salt and cracked black pepper.
- 5.Transfer to the preheated oven and roast for 25 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
Date and cherry energy log
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3/4 cups walnuts
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao.
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut (+ 1 tablespoon for topping)
- 1. In a food processor fitted with a steel blade, add all the ingredients and process until the mixture resembles a crumb.
- 2.Transfer mixture onto a piece of plastic wrap to form a log. Sprinkle with coconut. Wrap and freeze 10-15 minutes before cutting into bars.
- 3. Store airtight in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Veggie-loaded turkey tacos
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 diced onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 cup tomato purée
- 2 grated carrots (about 1 cup)
- 1 zucchini, grated and excess liquid drained
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
To build your tacos:
- Tortillas or Iceberg lettuce, leaves torn off
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced avocado
- Plain greek yogurt
1. In a skillet over medium heat, cook the turkey until browned. Transfer to a plate.
2. Heat the avocado oil over medium heat and add onion, jalapeno, cumin, chili powder and sauté 3 minutes.
3. Add the tomato purée, carrots, grated zucchini, turkey and salt and simmer for 20 minutes.
4. Serve immediately with your favourite toppings or store up to 4 days in the refrigerator.