How it works
• Mix and Match Prep: The format chosen for this meal prep challenge is a mix and match style prep. This means preparing starches, proteins and veggies separately, for versatile, mix and matching during the week.
• Get organized: You can download your meal prep planner here
• Get familiar: Below is your meal prep list for the week. Prep 1 or more of the suggested foods in each category: 1 x starch, 1 x protein, 1 x veggie and 1 x snack.
• Be flexible: Feel free to make more or less depending on your needs for the week. Remember: there is no right or wrong way to prep! You need to find what works for you.
•Post your prep pictures! This is how we keep you accountable! Always post your prep picture using #MotiveMealPrep #MealPrepChallenge and tag me @motivenutrition on Instagram, on Twitter or Facebook!
Week 2 Video
Week 2 Prep List & Recipes
- Brown rice Recipe below
- Baked sweet potato (for stuffed sweet potatoes) Recipe here
- Raw veggies: carrot sticks, fennel, celery sticks and others you enjoy
- Roasted cauliflower soup Recipe here
Week 2 Recipes
How to use: In stir-fries and salads during the week
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups water or broth
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- Bring rice, water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook 40* minutes until tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Rest 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. *30 minutes for parboiled variety rice.
- 1 cup rolled or quick oats
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large red delicious apple, grated with the peel
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt (2% m.f)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or, if you prefer a more portable breakfast option, divide the bircher among individual jars and allow to rest overnight.
- The following morning, top with grated apple or fresh blueberries if desired and enjoy chilled.