I recently returned from a wonderful sunny vacation down south. I’m feeling completely reenergized.
Although, I really wish I could have brought some of the hot, sunny weather back home with me (how can it possibly be this cold and grey in August?!). Instead, I’m sharing something with you that comes pretty close.
During my stay, I filled up on guacamole every day. Since I know you love the stuff as much as I do, I’m sharing a simple + killer recipe with you today you’re going to want to try.
The best part? The guacamole is just ONE of the must-try components in today’s recipe episode for my cauliflower “rice” burrito bowl.
Why the quotation marks?
Check out today’s video to find out.
Cauliflower burrito bowl
4 cups cauliflower rice and beans (recipe follows)
1 1/2 cups Roasted pepper guacamole (recipe follows)
2 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded with a fork
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 lime, cut into wedges
For the Beans and “rice”
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 small head cauliflower, riced (Place raw cauliflower florets in food processor and pulse until texture resembles rice)
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a medium sized pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the onions, garlic and spices and saute 3 minutes.
- Add the beans and the corn and cook another 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice, pinch of salt and fresh cilantro. Remove from the heat.
For the roasted pepper guacamole
- 1 small onion, cooked until translucent
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 1 cup roasted peppers, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- good pinch kosher Salt
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients for the guacamole, mashing the avocado slightly.
To build your bowl
In each bowl, divide ingredients and layer in the following order:
- Rice and beans
- shredded cheese,
- shredded chicken,
- cherry tomatoes
- serve with a lime wedge + enjoy!