Morning Granola Clusters
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 beaten egg white
- ½ cup dried fruit of choice (raisins, cranberries, figs, dates, blueberries)
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil, honey and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Pour the syrup over the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Add the beaten eggwhite and combine.
- Spread the granola mixture in an even layer and pack it tightly using your hands. This will help form the clusters.
- Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the pan once at the halfway mark. Do NOT stir the granola.
- The granola is ready when it is nicely toasted and golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely at room temperature, about 1 hour. Once cooled, break it apart into a chunky cluster with your hands.
- Add the dried fruit to the granola if desired.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the pantry 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.