Can you believe it’s already February? With Valentine’s day right around the corner, I thought to share a recipe that you could treat yourself or a loved one to. These caramel-filled chocolate hearts are made with three simple ingredients, are dairy-free and are guaranteed to melt someone’s heart! All you will need is a heart-shaped silicone mould, which you can find at the Dollar store (where I got mine), and a small clean painting brush.
These hearts are decadent, sweet and deliciously creamy and I cannot wait for you to try them. Be sure to show me the final result by tagging me @motivenutrition. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- In a small bowl stacked over a saucepan with boiling water, slowly the chocolate chips.
- Spoon some of the chocolate into each insertion. Then, using a brush or the back of a small spoon, properly coat the bottom and sides of the mold.
- Place in the freezer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the caramel. Combine the maple syrup and tahini and whisk until smooth.
- Add a spoonful of the caramel over the set chocolate. Filling 1/2 way up. Tap the mold to pack the caramel into place.
- Place in the freezer another 5 minutes.
- Spoon the remaining chocolate over the tahini, using the back of a knife to clean any excess.
- Freeze one hour.
- Flip the mold onto a clean surface and carefully remove each candy. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container up to 5 days.