I don’t like rushing my breakfast the morning. In fact, doing so completely sets me off balance for the rest of the day. So I try to make some of my morning decisions the night before, to allow me to soak-in those few breakfast minutes with my family. Sometimes, this means making breakfast in its entirety.
As avid oatmeal eaters, my family and I like to switch-up the flavours to keep things interesting. Playing on one of the most popular recipes on the blog for overnight oats, I created today’s recipe for Blueberry Coconut Overnight Oats with coconut milk, for a creamy and flavourful twist.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 large delicious apple, grated with the peel
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or coconut yogurt (2% m.f)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a large bowl, place the oats, shredded coconut, cinnamon, and grated apple. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine the coconut milk, Greek yogurt and maple syrup. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture among four jars. Top with blueberries and store in the refrigerator, overnight. Enjoy cold.
Keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.