Wait. Brussels sprouts…in a salad?
Yes yes, we know, but trust us on this one. Crunchy and slightly sweet, the seasonal sprout makes the perfect base for this hearty fall salad. Plus, adopting this preparation of Brussels sprouts on regular basis can help you to achieve the intake of cruciferous vegetables we recommend here Motive Nutrition, which is of a minimum of three times per week, given their nutrient-density and numerous health benefits. Combined with shredded chicken, sweet dried cherries and tangy goat cheese, this salad will be a very welcome lunchbox addition.
- 4 cups shredded Brussels spouts*
- 11/2 cups shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled goats cheese
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Place all the ingredients "For the salad" in a large bowl. If preparing as a make-ahead lunch, divide the ingredients among four storage containers.
- Place the ingredients "For the dressing" in a jar. Shake to combine. Pour over the salad, toss and enjoy.
- Store the dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Store the salad layer in individual containers in the refrigerator up to 3 days
- *To shred Brussels sprouts, place 1 pound in food processor fitted with slicing attachement.