Chicken Thighs with Kale and White Beans
Write a review
- 12 boneless skinless chicken thighs (1kg)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 can 19oz (540ml) white kidney beans, drained
- 1 large bunch of kale, de-stemmed, washed and chopped finely
- Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet.
- Working in batches, place the chicken in the hot skillet, spreading the thighs evenly in the pan. Cook the chicken until it is nicely golden brown, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet.
- Add the leeks and garlic and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine, chicken stock, mustard, thyme and season with 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Add the beans and the kale and using tongs, toss until wilted, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken thighs back to the skillet, cover and cook 15 more minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/