Chickpea and Sweet Potato Stew
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons mild paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons harissa paste
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (5 cups)
- 1 (540mL/19oz) can of chickpea, drained
- 1 (398mL/14oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 bay leaves
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- Kosher salt
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once warm, add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and saute 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, cumin and harissa paste and cook until the spices are fragrant, another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sweet potatoes, chickpeas, diced tomatoes, vegetable stock and bay leaves. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer, slightly covered, allowing to cook until the potatoes are tender, 20 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning with salt to taste. Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/