We aren’t new to chia pudding around here and for good reason. The mighty little chia seed is high in fibre, essential fatty acids and minerals such as calcium and magnesium, making it the perfect candidate for all your snacking needs. Because chia has the ability to soak up to ten times its weight in water, it gels perfectly for puddings.
In today’s recipe for Chocolate Chia Pudding, I’ve decided to blend the mixture for a smoother texture, more reminiscent of the chocolate pudding we all grew up with. The addition of dates to the recipe also helps to thicken the pudding, so in case you don’t have it in you to wait the full 8 hours for the chia to do its thing, you could enjoy your snack right away.
- 11/4 cup unsweetened, vanilla almond milk
- 1/3 cup pitted dates (about 7-8) soaked in hot water until soft
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 scoop (25g) protein powder
- Place all ingredients in a power blender and blend on high for 1 minute, until perfectly smooth.
- Divide among four small jars and allow to rest 8 hours or overnight.
- Top with fresh berries and serve.