Write a review
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin oil
- 2 large onions, chopped (approximately 2 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 Bell Pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 (350g) block extra-firm Tofu, crumbled into pea-sized pieces
- 2 (14 oz) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 (19oz) can Pinto beans
- 1 (19oz) can black beans
- 1 square dark chocolate
- 1 dried pasilla chili pepper (optional)
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch-oven over medium heat. Add the onions and garlic and saute 3 minutes until translucent.
- Add the spices, bell pepper and tofu and saute until fragrant, 5 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; corn, diced tomatoes, tomato puree, beans, dark chocolate, pasilla pepper and salt.
- Allow to simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove the dried pasilla pepper. Adjust the seasoning and serve with a sprinkle of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/