Asian Salmon and Pineapple Stir-Fry
Write a review
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Tamari
- 2 Tbsp Mirin
- 4 tbsp honey
- 2 inch ginger
- 1 garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch, diluted in 2 teaspoons of water
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 2 cups pineapple finely diced
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- Sliced scallions
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, combine the water, tamari, mirin, honey, ginger and garlic.
- Bring to a simmer and add the cornstarch mixture and allow to cook 5 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and pour about ¼ of the sauce into a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Farenheit. Place the salmon on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use the smallest of the reserved sauce to brush over the salmon before baking. Discard the sauce that has touched the raw fish. Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the fish easily flakes with a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a small pan, heat the avocado oil and sliced onion. Saute 3 minutes and add the purple cabbage, cooking until wilted. Add the pineapple and remove from the heat.
- Plate the pineapple and cabbage mixture on the plate and layer with the baked salmon. Top with the reserved sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds and scallion. Serve with brown rice.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/