Apple and Carrot Morning Muffins
Write a review
- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 3/4 cup whole spelt flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons ground flax
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup grated carrot, from 1 large carrot
- 1 cup grated apple, from 1 extra large apple
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and place a rack in the middle of the oven. Line 12 muffin insertions with liners or lay a silicone muffin tray on a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, oats, spelt flour, cinnamon, baking powder and ground flax. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, the vanilla extract, the maple syrup and the coconut oil.
- Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the middle. Mix with a fork until just combined.
- Stir-in the pecans, grated carrot and grated apple. Divide the mixture evenly among the 12 muffin insertions.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
- Freezing instructions: Allow muffins to cool down to room temperature. Freeze muffins for an hour or until solid. Transfer the frozen muffins to a freezer-safe bag, remove excess air and store for up to two months. To reheat, remove the muffin from the freezer and heat in the microwave or oven until warm.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/