Baked Steel Cut Oatmeal with Apples
Write a review
- 3 apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 2 tablespoon ground flax
- 2 cups milk of choice (almond, coconut, cow’s milk)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9x13-inch pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Place the apples in the baking dish in an even layer.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flax, milk, water, salt, vanilla, cinnamon and maple syrup.
- Pour mixture over apples shaking the pan to form an even layer. Sprinkle the nuts over the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. The oatmeal should start to pull away from the sides and still be slightly loose, but it will firm-up as it cools. Serve warm.
- Make-ahead option: once cool, refrigerate to enjoy for breakfasts during the week. To reheat, simply add a little milk to prevent it from drying. Microwave for one minute and serve with your favourite toppings.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/