Cranberry, Date and Chocolate Loaf
Write a review
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup 2% fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Zest of one orange
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (avocado or canola oil)
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° F and place the rack in the center of the oven. Grease a 5 x 9-inch loaf pan and line the bottom with a rectangle of parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the yogurt, sugar, egg, vanilla, zest and oil.
- Using a spatula, combine the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Add cranberries, dates and chocolate chips and mix just enough to combine. Transfer to the greased pan.
- Bake in the oven until the center of the bread is cooked, 55 to 60 minutes. Let cool before slicing and serving.
Motive Nutrition https://motivenutrition.com/